The Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) Educational Trust is proud to provide scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students studying in the fields of geotechnical and foundation engineering. DFI is an industry association dedicated to the advancement of the design and construction of deep foundations. DFI recognizes that the future of our industry will depend upon our ability to encourage and engage promising young engineers to consider careers in the deep foundations industry.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full time (at least 12 hours per semester) and pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in an accredited civil or geotechnical engineering or other related deep foundations curriculum.
- The minimum GPA is 3.0/4.0 for applicants.
- Students may be considered for subsequent awards if they provide evidence of continued advancement in studies of deep foundations technologies in accordance with the application requirements. Scholarships are not automatically renewed; a new application must be submitted annually by the scholarship deadline.
- Scholarships are awarded based on standards that do not discriminate relative to the applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender, orientation, nationality or ethnic origin. Consideration will be given to applicants with financial need.
- All At-Large Scholarships are available to students attending any U.S. college or university.
Several scholarships, ranging from $2,000 to $5,000 each will be awarded in 2017. Awards may be used for funding tuition, fees, books, and/or educational living expenses.
The application process begins on March 15, 2017. Check back then to apply.