The Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) Educational Trust is proud to provide scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students studying in the fields of geotechnical and foundation engineering as well as to undergraduate students majoring in construction management. DFI is an industry association dedicated to the advancement of the design and construction of deep foundations. DFI recognizes that the future of our industry will depend upon our ability to encourage and engage promising young engineers to consider careers in the deep foundations industry.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full time (at least 12 hours per semester) and pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in civil or geotechnical engineering, an undergraduate degree in construction management, or other related deep foundations curriculum.
- The minimum GPA is 3.0/4.0 for applicants.
- Students may be considered for subsequent awards if they provide evidence of continued advancement in studies of deep foundations technologies in accordance with the application requirements. Scholarships are not automatically renewed; a new application must be submitted annually by the scholarship deadline.
- Scholarships are awarded based on standards that do not discriminate relative to the applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender, orientation, nationality or ethnic origin. Consideration will be given to applicants with financial need.
☐ Complete and sign the electronic online application form
☐ Personal essay no more than 500 words highlighting why the applicant chose to pursue a deep foundations-related career, extra-curricular activities, leadership capabilities, long term plans and goals, and any special financial need. (Submitted with application form)
☐ One-page résumé, including work experience, honors, activities and organizations. (Submitted with application form)
☐ One sealed official transcript. (Sent to DFI Trust by mail or courier)
☐ Minimum of two sealed letters of recommendation, one of which must be completed by a faculty member at the applicant's school. (Sent to DFI Trust by mail or courier)
Several scholarships, ranging from $2,000 to $5,000 each will be awarded in 2017. Awards may be used for funding tuition, fees, books, and/or educational living expenses.
- The application and all supporting documentation must be submitted no later than May 15, 2017. Application packages missing any of the required items will not be considered.
- The DFI Educational Trust will notify all applicants of the result of their applications no later than July 15, 2017.
- Applicants, as a condition of eligibility for being considered for a scholarship, must consent to their résumé being posted on the DFI website for review by DFI members as potential employers.
- Applicants may be required to participate in a personal telephone interview with a Trust Board member.
Scholarship checks, payable to the student, will be sent in August 2017 after proof of registration and other required information is received by the DFI Educational Trust.
Deadline: A completed on-line application must be submitted no later than May 15, 2017. All required hard copy documentation must be postmarked no later than May 15, 2017, and sent to the following address:
DFI Educational Trust
At-Large Scholarship Applications
326 Lafayette Avenue
Hawthorne, NJ 07506
If you have any problems submitting your application, call DFI at +1-973-423-4030 or send us an email at email@example.com